Saturday, April 7, 2007

The Wise Woman Builds Her House

The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish tears it down with her own hands. Prov. 14:1

I have been working through a Bible study with Sarah Circle on Cynthia Heald's Loving your Husband. So for the past few days some thoughts have been swirling around in my brain. Heald says that the Proverbs 31 women's primary minstry was to build her home in wisdom. She says "to do this takes personal discipline, perseverence, and acceptance of 'the option of living selflessly'. But it is in giving that we are blessed, and it is in being the woman God created us to be that we are fulfilled."

So how does one build her house in wisdom? Its challenging to wrap my mind around this concept in practical and concrete ways. I know the first thing is to be filling my mind and heart with Truth - I know that Truth is Christ, and we learn about Christ through his Word. So how do I engage in real times with the Lord each day. I need the Living Water so desperatly. But I find my consistency sucks. I pull the Word out and then someone needs me to change their diaper and before I know it its the end of the day and I never got to read.


Luke 6:46-49 ... hear Jesus' words and put them into practice
Luke 14:25-30 ... must forsake even one's own family, denying oneself and picking up his cross - considering the cost before laying the foundation
II Cor. 5:14-15 ... no longer live for self but live for the one who died for me and who was raised again
II Tim. 2:15 ... present self to Go as one approved a workman prepared, who can rightly divide the word of truth

Kingdom focused rather then self-focused.

Proverbs 24:3-4 By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

It is one thing to be chained to the dishpan, and another to feel that we have an important part in making a house a home - Marguerite Harmon Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment

blogs i like